Mittwoch, 20. April 2011

Pura Luhur Uluwatu

The 19th, I hired a driver (Wayan) for half a day to go to „Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park” and the famous Uluwatu temple.
 A nice fountain at the cultural park.
 A huge 23m-statue of Vishnu.
 Uluwatu: View towards the airport and Kuta/Denpasar.
 Uluwatu is (in) a forest. A lovely place. When I entered, a guy said he was my personal monkey protector. I saw through his clever disguise: At the end, he would have charged me 50'000Rp... I told him that I could do that my myself, he laughed and I bought some bananas to be ready for the monkeys.
 They're everywhere. Playing around and always looking out for food.
 The classic Uluwatu picture. The temple is built on a pretty steep cliff.
 I love monkeys!
 ...
 If you keep a banana in your hand and don't give it away, it takes about 20 seconds and you're covered in monkeys!
 Then, Wayan took me to a very luxurious restaurant - also quite expensive (in Bali-terms of course). The view was awesome and the food delicious.
The food was absolutely awesome. And I love fruit juice!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen